And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Messiah

Father, who would have believed what I just heard? When was your power revealed through him? He sprouted up like a twig before you, like a root out of parched soil; he had no stately form or majesty that might catch my attention, no special appearance that I should want to follow him. He was despised and rejected by me, one who experienced pain and was acquainted with illness; I hid my face from him; he was despised, and I considered him insignificant. But he lifted up my illnesses, he carried my pain; even though I thought he was being punished, attacked by you, and afflicted for something he had done. He was wounded because of my rebellious deeds, crushed because of my sins; he endured punishment that made me well; because of his wounds I have been healed. I had wandered off like a sheep; strayed off on my own path, but you caused my sin to attack him. He was treated harshly and afflicted, but he did not even open his mouth. Like a lamb led to the slaughtering block, like a sheep silent before her shearers, he did not even open his mouth. He was led away after an unjust trial – but I did not care. Indeed, he was cut off from the land of the living; because of my rebellion he was wounded. They intended to bury him with criminals, but he ended up in a rich man’s tomb, because he had committed no violent deeds, nor had he spoken deceitfully. I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So the life I now live in the body, I live because of the faithfulness of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Truly I say to you, Lord Jesus, I will be with you in pardise one day! Amen

Messiah

7 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee April 10, 2009 at 7:03 AM  

My LORD, MY FATHER, MY SAVIOR!
I LOVE HIM!
AMEN.

Unknown April 10, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Thank you Chris....God bless you this Good Friday

Deare Diary April 10, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Chris,
God bless you for all of the good and annointed prayers that you share with us each day. Hope that you have a blessed weekend and Happy Easter.
Judy

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. April 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Art shared this with me today.
Pass it on. It is powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzto6khRp7w

Unknown April 12, 2009 at 5:43 AM  

God is so amazing. Loved this. Poignant.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP