And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Law

Father, I have become like one free from the law (though I am not free from your laws, but under the law of Christ.) For through the law I died to the law so that I may live to you. For it is not enough for me to hear your word, I must obey. Remind me, that if I forsake the law, I praise the wicked, but if I keep the law, I contend with them. Keep me from boasting in the law because I will dishonor you by my transgressions. Father, I delight in the your law in my inner being. But I see a different law in my members waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that is in my members. Wretched person that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?  I will serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin. Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ my Lord! There is therefore now no condemnation for me because I am in Christ Jesus. For the law of the life-giving Spirit in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death. Praise be your glorious name forever and ever! Amen.



3 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee February 18, 2009 at 6:10 AM  

I love reading your blog before work Chris. Thank you for posting.

Deare Diary February 18, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

Praise his name forever. Amen
Judy

Veronica Lee February 18, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

Glorify thy name in all the earth.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP