And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Calling

Father, remind me that folly is brash, it is naive and does not know anything. It sits at the door of its house, on a seat at the highest point of the city, calling out to me as I pass by. Remind me that the dead are there in that house, that folly's guests are in the depths of the grave. Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” So they called me and said to me, “Have courage! Get up! He is calling you.” I threw off my cloak of folly, jumped up, and came to Jesus. He is the one who saved me and called me with a holy calling, not based on my works but on his own purpose and grace, granted to me in Christ Jesus before time began. Therefore I will make every effort to be sure of my calling and election. For by doing this I will never stumble into folly's house again. Thank you Lord Jesus for calling me. It is in your name I pray, Amen.

Calling

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP