And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Backsliding

Father, remind me that if I backslide, I will be paid back from my own ways. You call me to come back to you. You want to cure my waywardness. I say, "Here I am. I come to you because you are the Lord my God." I say, “O Lord, intervene for the honor of your name even though my sins speak out against me. Indeed, I have turned away from you many times. I have sinned against you. You heal my waywardness and love freely, for your anger will turn away from me. I will not defile myself with idols, detestable things, and all my rebellious deeds. You have saved me from all my unfaithfulness by which I sinned. You have purified me; I have become yours and you have become my God. I lift your name on high, Amen.

Backsliding

7 comments:

Veronica Lee March 29, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

Amen. Thanks for the mention,Brother Chris!

Dixie March 29, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Our old testament scripture at mass today was.. Hebrews 10:17 states the extent of God's forgiveness: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more." a timely prayer today...

I read this, this morning and it made me think of you...

http://wildflowerthinking.blogspot.com/2009/03/parachute-prayer-23.html

wishing you blessings today and every day... Dixie

Cinder Rail'lee March 29, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

Beautiful Chris. Sometimes he knocks and we'd rather not hear, yet he continues to come daily. Several times a day, just so he can love you. Never angry, just loving.

Anonymous,  March 29, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

This prayer is amazing! It really spoke to me! Thanks for posting~

love March 29, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

I feel humbled everyday - today more so as I entered a photo competition which is based on popular vote. I'm not so good at rallying people on the internet. Many have voted for my idea but I need more to place in the top 20.
I would like to win the $50,000 grant and use it to tell the story of the importance of FAMILY around the world.
I've been in Iraq and the Congo and see that it is one human quality we share in common. I'm posting the link here and if anyone would like to read it and vote enjoy the opportunity: IN Christ,
http://www.nameyourdreamassignment.com/the-ideas/Simplylove/family-the-cornerstone-of-humananity/

~hon~ March 31, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

Amen.

So true.

As you know, I was a backslider so I know how life is when lived in sin. Miserable. Life is so much more beautiful now with GOD.

I agree with this prayer so much. Not everyone is exempted from temptation/sin so it is a must for us to humble ourselves to our FATHER and need HIM completely all throughout our lives.

You are gifted and anointed, my dear brother in CHRIST!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP