And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Callousness

Father, keep me from becoming calloused and speaking arrogantly. Let me find delight in your law. Forgive me, for you know of my past. I was callous, given over to indecency for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness. My prosperity caused me to do wrong; my thoughts were sinful, a violent person who enticed my neighbor, and lead him down a path that was terrible; unloving, irreconcilable, slanderer, without self-control, savage, opposed to what is good. But O Lord God in heaven how you loved me so! That while I was still a sinner, Christ died for me. Much more then, because I have now been declared righteous by his blood, I will be saved through him from your wrath. What a Savior I have in Jesus Christ, Amen.

Callousness

5 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee March 6, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

I was feeling this yesterday, I spoke callous, I acted it too. And I prayed for the right words to cover my anger. He lifted me up and renewed my heart. The tongue is a terrible weapon.
I want to be a 5 star christian. And I fight everyday to do it.

Veronica Lee March 6, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I spoke callous too.

Deare Diary March 6, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

I am so thankful for unmeritted favor: God's Grace. What a loving and merciful Saviour.
Judy

Grace March 6, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

I believe we all have been in this situation one time or another. But God's souvereign power soak our hearts with His Holy word.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP