And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Quarrel

Father, remind me that it is an honor to cease from strife, but foolish to quarrel because beginning a quarrel is like opening a floodgate, so I must drop the matter before a dispute breaks out. I will work to avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, quarrels, and fights about the law, because they are useless and empty. I will reject foolish and ignorant controversies, because I know they breed infighting. Where there is no wood, a fire goes out, and where there is no gossip, contention ceases. I understand that the conflicts and quarrels come from my passions that battle inside me. Teach me to not slander anyone, but be peaceable, gentle, showing complete courtesy to all people. I ask for this blessing in the name of the Christ, Amen.

Quarrel

5 comments:

Veronica Lee March 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

Amen. Love the new look of your blog.

Cinder Rail'lee March 20, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

AMEN! Another awesome prayer!
Thank you Chris!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. March 20, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

Why is it so hard for us to let things just slide off our backs?
Thanks for the reminder.

Unknown March 20, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

Chris, you have a way of reigning in my foolish side. Thank you for that because I need a reality check every so often. God bless you, and have a good weekend.

Anonymous,  March 21, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

Chris, this is so true and needed not only by Christians but by everyone. Thank you for bravely posting this. I don't know if you've received rude comments but I have so I understand what you're talking about. Meekness is really needed in this world. And you know what I've learned? Only JESUS CHRIST can turn out the fire to battle which leads to fights. I am so glad that HE is in my heart, mind, soul and spirit.

GOD LOVES YOU SO MUCH! GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

My word verification: blesses

Neat, huh? hehehe!

~godsmiraclegirl333

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP