And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sabbath

Father, remind me that a Sabbath rest remains for me. For when I enter your rest I will also rest from my works, just as you did from your own works. Thus I must make every effort to enter that rest, so that I may not fall by following the same pattern of disobedience.

Sabbath

4 comments:

Dixie March 22, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

"A Sabbath rest remains for me"... well said Chris.

When I was a little girl, my grandmother use to tell my granddad "Joe, it's the Sabbath, you're suppose to rest. Even God rested on the 7th day"... to which Grandaddy always-always replied....
"Yep, but God didn't have cows to milk"... the life of a farmer is never done... it's good to know that Granddad has now entered his Sabbath... and HIS Sabbath.

Amen. and blessings. Dixie

Omah's Helping Hands March 24, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

Amen! This is one that I often have a hard time remembering and following, as I have the grand kids every weekend. But this helps remind me that I must be a good teacher to the children and show them what the Sabbath is about. Thank you for the great reminder Chris!

LisaShaw March 29, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Amen!

Chris, thank you for visiting at one of my blogs. I look forward to visiting yours again. As one who believes in the privilege, power and purpose of prayer afforded to us by Abba Father through His grace granted unto us through our Lord Jesus Christ; I will look forward to reading the prayers you pray and standing in agreement inline with the Word of God.

Praise the Lord and God bless you and your family in Jesus Name! Amen!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP