And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Titus

Father, remind me to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work. I will try not slander anyone, but be peaceable, gentle, showing complete courtesy to all people. For I too was once foolish, disobedient, misled, enslaved to various passions and desires, spending my life in evil and envy, hateful and hating others. But when your kindness and love for mankind appeared, you saved me not by works of righteousness that I have done, but on the basis of your mercy, through the washing of the new birth and the renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom you poured out on me in full measure through Jesus Christ my Savior. And so, since I have been justified by your grace, I become an heir with the confident expectation of eternal life. In the name of the giver of eternal life, Amen.

Titus

9 comments:

Veronica Lee March 23, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

Amen. Isn't Tami the greatest! I have an award for you too, made by my son. Grab it from the top of my blog next to the running mouse.

~hon~ March 23, 2009 at 6:19 AM  

In JESUS CHRIST's name, Amen.

I LOVE this prayer. So true. So brave. So open. So honest.

I totally agree and admit that I have been selfish. ALL THE GLORY IN MY LIFE NOW BELONGS TO GOD ALONE!!!

Cinder Rail'lee March 23, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

Aww, Chris, I needed this today, as I'm feeling bitter about the the lives that will be affected through the lay offs. And the joy my manager is feeling doing it. I've struggled all weekend. Crying, hating myself for not being able to pray for her and her side kick (her boss). I questioned my faith, I questioned my love, and most of all I questioned what kind of Christian woman I was because I couldn't pray for such a MEAN woman. Today I prayed, and prayed.. and I prayed for them both. It bothered me to see her JOY at someone losing their job today ,
I'm still struggling, and brought all my cares to Jesus. How his love has brought me through. I'll be printing this out today so I can have it in my pocket. So I can reach in and hold tight. Knowing I have such an incredible GOD, who LOVES ME AND WILL GUIDE ME THROUGH MY SORROWS!

GOD BLESS YOU CHRIS.. YOUR WONDERFUL!!

Dixie March 23, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Chris... wonderful prayer... it will touch everyone that reads it. None of us can escape those negative feelings... but by the Grace of God... we can leave them behind.

Thank you for you kind words about Miss Lahoma. I feel that I am the one that was truly blessed in finding her. Who knows what God's plan is, but he has put her in my life... and me in hers, for a purpose. I can hardly wait until he reveals that purpose.

blessings and hugs my friend. Dixie

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. March 23, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

We are blessed to have a God that knows us and loves us anyway.

Unknown March 23, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

This is a hard one, Chris. But I will lay my sins at the foot of the cross.

Toia March 23, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

"you saved me not by works of righteousness that I have done, but on the basis of your mercy, through the washing of the new birth and the renewing of the Holy Spirit"

This one of my favorite lines in this prayer. I don't even want to think about where would I be without God's grace and mercy. And I ,especially, love the fact that the Holy Spirit renews our spirits everyday. It's like a regeneration in the supernatural instead of in the natural.

Blessings to you always!!

Anonymous,  March 23, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

I wanted to thank you so much the amazing comments you leave on my blog!! You are a very kind person and I wanted you to know that I appreciate all you do!! have a very blessed week~

Omah's Helping Hands March 24, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Amen! A wonderful prayer, especially in time of uncertiantity with today's economy. So many being hurt and frustrated. All to the Glory of our sweet Savior for shedding His blood for us, by His blood we were saved. We have much to be thankful for. God Bless Chris! Great prayer.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP