And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Uncertainty

Father, if I receive any riches in this world, remind me not to be haughty or to set my hope on them, which are uncertain, but on you who richly provides me with all things for my enjoyment. Teach me self-control in everything so I may not receive a perishable crown, but an imperishable one. I do not wish to run uncertainly or box like one who hits only air. Instead, I wish to subdue my body and make it my slave, so that after preaching to others I myself will not be disqualified. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Uncertainty

2 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. March 24, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

I know there are times I struggle with self control.

Omah's Helping Hands March 24, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

Amen! This is one area that is easy to be swayed with what riches can bring. A great prayer in deed.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP