And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Vanity

Father, turn my eyes away from what is worthless! Revive me with your word! Take note of my lifespan! I do not understand why I am made so mortal. I am like a vapor, my days like a shadow that disappears. Keep me from lying to others, flattering and deceiving, making false promises. Instead of being motivated by selfish ambition or vanity, I will try, in humility, to be moved to treat others as more important than myself. Please help me with this virtue Lord Jesus. It is in your name I pray, Amen. 


4 comments:

Veronica Lee March 25, 2009 at 6:31 AM  

Amen. I pray in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Deare Diary March 25, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

In your name, let it be Lord.
Judy

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP