And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Effort

Father, I, your prisoner long to live worthily of the calling with which I have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with others in love, making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Although I began with the Spirit, I find myself trying to finish by human effort. Remind me that it does not depend on my desire or exertion, but on you who shows mercy. For this very reason, I make every effort to add to my faith excellence, to excellence, knowledge; to knowledge, self-control; to self-control, perseverance; to perseverance, godliness; to godliness, brotherly affection; to brotherly affection, unselfish love. May you O sovereign God extend your favor to me! Make my endeavors successful! Yes, make them successful! In Jesus name, Amen.

Effort

4 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. April 1, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Lord, Thank You for your forgivness when I fall short.

Cinder Rail'lee April 1, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

Amen. He shows favor to us all, even when I/we fall short. How blessed we are.

Toia April 1, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

I really needed to read this prayer. This is my prayer, too. There are areas in my life that I definitely need to make an effort to change for the better.

Blessings to you for this prayer!!

Omah's Helping Hands April 1, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Amen! Boy have I missed your prayers Chris. It's good to have the chance to read them again. Hope to get totally caught up soon!
I have an award for you too. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP