And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Jealousy

Father, remind me that wrath is cruel and anger is overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy? That where there is jealousy and selfishness, there is disorder and every evil practice. I will strive to live decently as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in discord and jealousy. So I get rid of all evil and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander and yearn like a newborn infant for pure, spiritual milk, so that by it I may grow up to salvation, because I have experienced your kindness. In your blessed Son's name I pray, Amen.

Jealousy

3 comments:

Unknown April 6, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

I cling to your daily posts of love and glory to God, as you prompt me to address my weaknesses.

Cinder Rail'lee April 7, 2009 at 5:52 AM  

Amen Chris! Sadly we all look at what others have and want it too. Now, I can honestly say, my treasures are not here on earth but await me in Heaven. This is how I deal with jealousy. I'll have Gods love and so much more then earthly things. GOD IS BEAUTIFUL

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP