And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rain

Father, give me patience until Jesus returns. Teach me the way of the farmer, how he waits for the precious fruit of the ground and is patient for it until it receives the early and late rains. I also will be patient and strengthen my heart, for the Lord’s return is near. I will not grumble against another so that I may not be judged. As an example of suffering and patience, I will remember the prophets who spoke in the your name. I will regard as blessed those who have endured. I have heard of Job’s endurance and I have seen your purpose, that you are full of compassion and mercy. I will learn from Elijah who was a human being like me, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain and there was no rain on the land for three years and six months! Then he prayed again, and the sky gave rain and the land sprouted with a harvest. One day it will be heard on every street corner, in every synagogue, throughout the whole earth, "Look! He is returning with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all the tribes on the earth will mourn because of him. This will certainly come to pass! Amen.

Rain

6 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee April 16, 2009 at 6:17 AM  

Amen. I needed this today.
Chris your awesome!

Unknown April 16, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

Patience, one of the thorns I bear. Thank you for this specific prayer.

Veronica Lee April 16, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

Amen. Another beautiful prayer, Brother Chris.

Anonymous,  April 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

AMEN! I stand in agreement with you my friend! AMEN!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. April 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

An old friend of mine used to say,
"Patience and Faith in Jesus."
It's all you need.

Omah's Helping Hands April 17, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Amen! Patience is one of the hardest to gain. Another excellant prayer. Thank you Chris.
One more thing, talk about ironic, I believe this is a sign, my verification word is raine!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP