And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Question

Father, if my unrighteousness demonstrates your righteousness, what shall I say? You my Lord, who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, are you? Absolutely not! For otherwise how could you judge the world? For if by my lie your truth enhances your glory, why am I still actually being judged as a sinner? And why not say, “I will do evil so that good may come of it”? What then? Are am I better off? Certainly not, for I have already charged that I am under sin, just as it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one, there is no one who understands, there is no one who seeks God. But I know that from my empty way of life inherited from my ancestors I was ransomed – not by perishable things like silver or gold, but by precious blood like that of an unblemished and spotless lamb, namely Christ, in whose name I pray, Amen.

Question

2 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands April 15, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Amen! So true, there is not one of us who is righteous. We need him in our lives.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP