And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Wisdom

Father, remind me to pursue wisdom and understanding. Allow me to be a discerning person. Teach me the folly in wisdom, understanding and counsel that is against you. Show me those around me that are wise so that I may learn from them and not lack the counsel I need to become like them. Teach me to not speak with an arrogant tone so that the wisdom you give me is not lost to those around me. With you come wisdom and power but without you I would not be able to find it. You alone know its place and give it freely when I ask. Remind me to search your words often to learn wisdom and moral instruction. I long to obtain understanding in all so that I can be readily available for what you will have me do. Teach me to understand how to live out the wisdom you give. Remind me that pride is the greatest enemy of wisdom and truth. Give me the gift of good sense and teach me how to use it for you. Let me not become lazy and useless to you. Put me in places where I can leverage the wisdom you give for your kingdom. Remind me that I will never be done attaining wisdom but that it is a life long walk. Please protect me from the stumbling block that is my pride and continue to lavish upon me all wisdom and insight. Amen.

Wisdom

9 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee May 15, 2009 at 6:18 AM  

WONDERFUL PRAYER AGAIN THIS MORNING CHRIS!

RCUBEs,  May 15, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

Amen!Amen! "For His ways and thoughts are higher than ours..."

Unknown May 15, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

I will try to do all things to honor Him.

The Muse May 15, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

Agreed, wonderful thoughts!

Omah's Helping Hands May 16, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Awesome Chris! I so needed this one today. His timing is always perfect!

LisaShaw May 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

Wisdom is something we need to pray and ask for often so that we can operate in God's leading and not our own. Beautiful prayer.

Unknown May 17, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

Thank you for this prayer. Amen.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP