And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Violence

Father, remind me that the bread and wine gained from wickedness will lead to destruction. Keep me focused on withdrawing my hands from violence and making my prayers pure. From harm and evil you defend your servant and value my life. Keep me from harvesting a heart of evil intent lest I become a victim of my own destructive plans. Instead sow in me a heart of faith, that I may conquer kingdoms, administer justice, gain what was promised, shut the mouths of lions, quench raging fire, escape the edge of the sword, gain strength in weakness, became mighty in battle, put the armies of the evil one to flight, and receive back my dead raised to life. For you, Lord God of Israel, deserve praise in the future and forevermore! Amen!




9 comments:

Unknown June 7, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Amen, and let us serve the Lord on this his day.

Cinder Rail'lee June 7, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

AMEN! Awesome prayer today Chris,

THANK YOU!

Veronica Lee June 7, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Amen and wow! I love the new look of your blog.

RCUBEs June 7, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

Amen! I need this prayer regarding my workplace. So Thank you. Nice new look! Have a great Sunday!

Unknown June 7, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

This was very good. I see so much violence in Philadelphia. It breaks my heart. I am so glad to know that God cares deeply about those people!

Toia June 7, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Amen to that. This is a much needed prayer.

Love the new look!! Have a bless Sunday!!

Denise June 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Fantastic prayer, sweet blessings on your Sunday.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP