And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Date

Father, I know quite well that the day of the Lord will come in the same way as a thief in the night. I am not in the darkness for the day to overtake me like a thief would. Thanks to Christ, I am a child of the light and of the day. I am not of the night nor of the darkness. Remind me not to sleep as the rest, but to stay alert and sober. Guide me to put on the breastplate of faith and love and as a helmet my hope for salvation. For you did not destine me for wrath but for gaining salvation through my Lord Jesus Christ. He died for me so that whether I am alert or asleep I will come to life together with him. Therefore give me a heart to encourage others and build up others. The grace of my Lord Jesus Christ be with me. Amen.

1 Thessalonians 5

6 comments:

rcubes July 7, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Amen! Thank you for this wonderful prayer. Glory to God! God bless.

Anonymous,  July 7, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

AMEN TO THAT!!! Blessings to you~

Robin July 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

I am bookmarking your page. Thank you for this prayer.

Angela July 9, 2009 at 4:13 AM  

Therefore give me a heart to encourage others and build up others. The grace of my Lord Jesus Christ be with me. Amen.
amen amen amen

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP