And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Temptation

Father, give me today my daily bread, and forgive me for my sins, for I will try to forgive everyone who sins against me, and do not lead me into temptation, but deliver me from the evil one. Help me to stay awake and pray that I will not fall into temptation. My spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak. I have longed to be rich and stumbled into temptation and a trap and many senseless and harmful desires that plunged me into ruin and destruction. Thank you for pulling me out of the mire. In Jesus' name, Amen.


5 comments:

Veronica Lee July 26, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Amen. Love the new look of your blog.

Mary July 26, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Wonderful scriptures! I love your "Ant" prayer - I have a booklet from Basic Youth that I raised my kids on, to give them a good work ethic based on God's Word. Thanks so much for this post. I'm emailing it to some family members, if that's okay.
God bless you!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP