And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Futility

Father, remind me that my efforts which I expend on this earth cannot change your great plan for my life. My earthly accomplishments are like chasing the wind. Though it would seem that I am much wiser than the day I was born, able to discern the benefit of wisdom and knowledge over foolish behavior and ideas, I realize that with this progressive wisdom comes great frustration and heartache for that which I cannot control. This is why I rely on you. Amen.

Ecclesiastes 1

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP