And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Desire

Father, I long to do what you desire and approve. Teach me what is right. Ground me in your word. Keep me from the desire for wicked company but rather let my desire be for you. Remind me that the desires of the eyes and flesh are from the world, not from you. Show me the desires of the poor and widowed that their needs may be met. Whom do I have in heaven but you? Protect me from overindulgence and stubbornness. Your deeds are great, eagerly awaited by your servant who desires them. Give me a desire for your rules, rather than for wealth gained unjustly. Open your hand and fill me with the food I desire. For your wisdom is better than rubies, and nothing can be compared to it. Provide me with the faith that protects me from my foolish desires. Let my paths lead to good and abundance. Your gifts are sweet to my soul. Let my love be loyal to my neighbor. Amen

Desire

2 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. April 26, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

A prayer with my name on it.
Thank you Chris.

Omah's Helping Hands April 27, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Amen! This is cool, I just prayed a similar prayer this mornig that covers almost all of this prayer. I love how He works in us. Thank you Chris!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP