And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Elder

Father, remind not to address an older man harshly but appeal to him as a father and to speak to younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters - with complete purity. To honor widows who are truly in need. For this is what pleases you. Teach me that elders who provide effective leadership must be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard in speaking and teaching. I will try to remember not to accept an accusation against an elder unless it can be confirmed by two or three witnesses. And now to you O God, who possess immortality and live in unapproachable light, whom no human has ever seen or is able to see, to you be honor and eternal power! Amen.


8 comments:

RCUBEs April 27, 2009 at 6:11 AM  

Amen! This is a great prayer that we must honor our elders or parents at all times. It's sad that a lot of younger generation seems to have no respect for their elders. Thank you. God bless.

Cinder Rail'lee April 27, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

AMEN!
How sad that the younger generation don't show our elders respect. They know much and have so much to offer. I love when they start off with "in my day" I sit back and listen in wonder and joy. THANK YOU CHRIS!

GOD BLESS YOU

Omah's Helping Hands April 27, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Amen!!! Yes, a show of respect. We see this disappearing more and more these days, that is why it's so crucial that we reach out, love our enemy's and show them how to respect. Great pray as always Chris. Have a blessed wonderful week!

Unknown April 27, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

I will pass this along to my children and grandchildren because I'm the oldest person in the family.

As my granddaughter reminded me, as we lay napping on the afternoon of my own mother's funeral..."well, looks like you're next". She said it with kindness, and as a reminder that she's probably right! Lord keep me well!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP