And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Death

For just as in Adam I die, so also in you I am made alive. The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to you, who gives me the victory through my Lord Jesus Christ! You humbled yourself, by becoming obedient to the point of death – even death on a cross! Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ my Lord! For the outlook of the flesh is death, but the outlook of the Spirit is life and peace, because the outlook of the flesh is hostile toward you, for it does not submit to the your law, nor is it able to do so. I, however, am not in the flesh but in the Spirit, because your Spirit lives in me. Death is at work in me, but life is at work in you. Thank you my King, for the sweetness of that life. Amen


2 comments:

Grace January 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Amen, Chris. Through Jesus' death on the cross, we have a victory. We are more than conquerors. And we have eternal life. God deserves all the glory and praises man can ever give.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP