And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Look

Father, I look to you, and make my supplication to you, I try to become pure and upright. You have heard my voice, and restored me to your heart's intent. I look to you for help and am happy; my face is not ashamed. Faithfulness grows from the ground, and deliverance looks down from the sky. You bend down to look at the sky and the earth. The sea looked and fled; the Jordan River turned back before you, the God of Jacob, who turned a rock into a pool of water, a hard rock into springs of water. I look up toward you, the one enthroned in heaven. I look, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a female servant looks to the hand of her mistress, so my eyes will look to you, my God, until you show me favor. Show me favor, O Lord, show me favor! Amen.


Look

4 comments:

Grace January 11, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Very well-said prayer, Chris.
I hope you had a blessed Sunday. :)

Omah's Helping Hands January 11, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

I like your prayers you have posted. Now that you have comments available, I will start using it. :) Thanks for your very kind words on my blog.
Belssings,
Tammy

Chris January 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Thanks Grace! It was a great Sunday.

Thanks Tammy and your welcome, they're all true.

The Muse January 14, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

indeed, may He show us favor :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP