And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Abuse

Father, remind me that Jesus suffered outside the church. I must go outside the church to find the lost, bearing the abuse he experienced. At times I will be publicly exposed to abuse and afflictions, and at other times I will come to share with others who were treated in that way. I regard abuse suffered for my Lord to be greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for my eyes are fixed on the reward. Teach me to love my enemies, do good to those who hate me, bless those who curse me, and pray for those who mistreat me. I will put off all such things as anger, rage, malice, slander, and abusive language from my mouth. Father, I long for the Spirit of your Son; for when he was maligned, he did not answer back; when he suffered, he threatened no retaliation, but committed himself to you who judges justly. In the name of your Son, I lift my hands to heaven in prayer, Amen.

Abuse

4 comments:

Unknown February 7, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Such a wonderful prayer...I completely understand and abhore abuse.

I prayed this prayer again out loud.

I was abused for so long it began to feel like a way of life. God delivered me from the violence and showed me joy.

Deare Diary February 7, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

There are so many different forms of abuse besides physical. Lord helps us to senstive and have discenment when we are in the presence of someone who is suffering from abuse of any form. I prayed this prayer with you. Amen
Judy

Omah's Helping Hands February 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Beautiful. Well written Chris. I've so needed to visit your prayer blog, and am thankful for having the opportunity finally.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP