And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Basic

Father, for though I should in fact be a teacher by this time, I need someone to teach me the beginning elements of God’s utterances. I have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. Therefore I must progress beyond the elementary instructions about Christ and move on to maturity, no longer enslaved by the basic forces of this world. I have died with your Son to the elemental spirits of the world and refuse to submit to them any longer. Open my eyes to see and open my ears to hear, for you have made them both. You have made it plain to me. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came about through Jesus Christ. Father, I will be careful not to allow anyone to captivate me through an empty, deceitful philosophy that is according to human traditions and the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ, in whose name I pray, Amen.


3 comments:

Deare Diary February 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Amen and let it be dear Lord.
Judy

Omah's Helping Hands February 8, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

Amen!!!
Awesome Prayer Chris! This is so very true in what we need to do. Thank you. You are such a blessing.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP