And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Calm

Father, you rule over the proud sea. When its waves surge, you calm them. You calm the storm, and the waves grow silent. I rejoice because the waves grow quiet, and you lead me to the harbor I desire. Keep me from a quick-temper and make me one who is slow to anger. Teach me to restrain my words and stay calm always turning away from wrath. The heavens declare your fairness, for you are judge. In Jesus name, Amen.

Calm

3 comments:

Deare Diary February 9, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

Praise God for the power in his words. He speaks and even the winds obey. Because of the power in what we say, Lord help us to guard our words,to use them to uplift not tear down.
Judy

C. Beth February 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Wow, what a wonderful way to pray.

This reminds me of something. On my blog you may have read about my husband's brain surgery. When he was first in the hospital--probably the day after he was admitted, when we weren't sure what exactly was going on in his brain--I was so stressed out. I felt so confused, felt like I should be doing something to be proactive but I didn't know where to start. I was just overwhelmed.

I talked to my dad on the phone, and he told me he felt like I needed to rebuke the storm in Jesus' name. Not the storm of illness, but the storm within me.

So that's what I did. I'm not the type to run around rebuking stuff all the time.... Neither is my dad. But I sensed that this was something Jesus, Lord of the storm, wanted me to do. I rebuked that storm with the power of the same Christ who was obeyed by the wind and waves, and I received so much peace.

I had plenty of stress and worry after that--the whole time was crazy. But that prayer really was a turning point--thankfully very early in the process--and God was with me in such real ways through the rest of that time.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP