And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Wait

Father, in the past, I have wrongly said “I will pay back evil,” instead of waiting for your vindication. How quickly I forgot what you had done; I did not wait for your instructions. Today, I rely on you O Lord, I rely on you with my whole being; I wait for your assuring word. I wait for your deliverance with strength and confidence! I rely completely on you, my King, and you turn toward me and hear my cry for help. I have learned, it is good to wait patiently for your deliverance. May integrity and godliness protect me, while I wait on you! Amen.

Wait

5 comments:

Unknown February 6, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Thanks for stopping by today. I am just beginning a more prayerful life with a prayer journal. How wonderful that you stopped by.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. February 6, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

I have a hard time waiting. But I am working on it.

Grace February 6, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Amen to this, Chris. And may we be reminded always of Isaiah 40:31
"...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Omah's Helping Hands February 7, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Yes! Amen to this Chris. How easy it is to forget, but waiting on Him is the only way.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP