And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Faith

Father, I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is your power for salvation to everyone who believes. For your righteousness is revealed in the gospel from faith to faith, just as it is written, "The righteous by faith will live." Therefore, as a partner in the heavenly calling, I take note of Jesus, the high priest whom I confess, who is faithful to the one who appointed him. The world had become my guardian until I accepted Christ, so that I could be declared righteous by faith. But now that faith has come, I am no longer under a guardian. For in Christ Jesus I am your son through faith. It is fitting that I proclaim your loyal love in the morning, and your faithfulness during the night. Your loyal kindness never ceases; Your compassions never end. They are fresh every morning; your faithfulness is abundant! My lack of belief does not nullify your faithfulness. I will act dignified, not two-faced, not given to excessive drinking, not greedy for gain, holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. I will consider it nothing but joy when I fall into all sorts of trials, because I know that the testing of my faith produces endurance. I will hold firmly to faith and a good conscience, so that I may navigate the storms of life. In the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Faith

3 comments:

C. Beth February 12, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

Thank you so much for taking the time to put these prayers together--I really like praying Scripture like this. Faith and doubt are things I've thought a lot about (to put it mildly) so I like the last couple of prayers.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. February 12, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Chris-this is a powerful prayer. And we are constantly being tested. Not sure where I would be if not for my faith.

Unknown February 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

In helping me to become a more prayerful person, I have been usng your prayers to help guide me in my own prayer journal.

This prayer of faith is powerful in that we need it more in today's economic times more than ever. I thank you so very much.

Your sister is Christ.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP