And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Idolatry

Father, I will flee from idolatry and the works of the flesh. For the time that has passed was sufficient for me to do what the non-Christians desire. I lived then in debauchery, evil desires, drunkenness, carousing, drinking bouts, and wanton idolatries, defiled by my deeds, and unfaithful in my actions. Turn my eyes away from what is worthless! Revive me with your word! Put to death whatever in my nature belongs to the earth: sexual immorality, impurity, shameful passion, evil desire, and greed which is idolatry. I lift my petition before you in the name of your Son, Amen.


1 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. February 15, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

Why is life so hard? I am so grateful for Jesus who forgives us.
We sang one of my favorite songs at church today~Go light your candle!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP