And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Race

Father, when I am at the end of my life, I want to say have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith! For I know that all the runners in a stadium compete, but only one receives the prize? So I run to win. I have observed this on the earth: the race is not always won by the swiftest, the battle is not always won by the strongest; prosperity does not always belong to those who are the wisest, wealth does not always belong to those who are the most discerning, nor does success always come to those with the most knowledge – for time and chance may overcome them all. Therefore, since I am surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, I must get rid of every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and run with endurance the race set out for me, keeping my eyes fixed on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of my faith. Lord, your word is like a bridegroom that emerges from its chamber; like a strong man it enjoys running its course. I am chosen, not of my own doing, but by the blood of Jesus, a royal priest, a holy person, a person of your own, so that I may proclaim the virtues of the One who called me out of darkness into your marvelous light. In the name of that One I pray, Amen


4 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee February 24, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

Chris,
I really look forward to your posts each morning. Thank you!

Anonymous,  February 24, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

Those who endure until the end, they shall inherit the Kingdom of God.

-assumption: "those who" == "saved sinners".-

Thank you for sharing your inspiring words!

On the interim, I'm armed with our Lord's shield and sword and will fight on, in the good fight, exposing the much falsity around "modern day" ideology, which leads so many astray.

God's sword, His word, the Bible; my shield, Jesus Christ's love, to protect me from being myself led astray.

There is nothing more worth in this life, than to build our personal relationships with God, and our brethren in the Body of Christ.

Amen.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP