And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Temper

Father, keep me from becoming a quick-tempered person who stirs up dissension, but make me one who is slow to anger who calms a quarrel. I will strive to be temperate, dignified, self- controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in endurance. Remind me that the one who is slow to anger has great understanding, but the one who has a quick temper exalts folly. As your servant I will seek to be blameless as one entrusted with your work, not arrogant, not prone to anger, not a drunkard, not violent, not greedy for gain. I will remember this, that the truly wise person restrains his words, and the one who stays calm is discerning. In your Son's name I pray, Amen.

Temper

4 comments:

Anonymous,  February 3, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Amen to that! Beautiful prayer!

Dixie February 3, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

Chris, this is a good reminder to all of us... though I overcame my "temper" some years ago, it still can bubble up now and again... not often though.

I find myself wondering, what prompts you to pick your prayer subject word? Do you have a list, or is it in response to life? Just curious.

blessings. Dixie

Chris February 4, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

Hi Dixie, I have a system to come up with the word, however, I guessing that God is doing most of the work. I started it out as a response to life and I guess it always will be. I really hope people, especially me, can use this blog as a sort of reference manuel for when things get crazy. Thanks for letting me see the fruit via your comments.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP