And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gift

Father, remind me that if I sow sparingly I will also reap sparingly, and if I sow generously I will also reap generously. I know that I should give just as I have decided in my heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, because you love a cheerful giver. You are able to make all grace overflow to me so that because I have enough of everything in every way at all times, I will overflow in every good work. Just as it is written, “You have scattered widely, you have given to the poor; your righteousness remains forever.” Now you, O Lord, who provides seed for the sower and bread for food will provide and multiply my supply of seed and will cause the harvest of my righteousness to grow. I will be enriched in every way so that I may be generous on every occasion, which is producing through me thanksgiving to you, because the service of this ministry is not only providing for the needs of the saints but is also overflowing with many thanks to you. Through the evidence of this service I will glorify you because of my obedience to my confession in the gospel of Christ and the generosity of my sharing with your people and with everyone. And in our prayers we will long for you because of the extraordinary grace you have shown us. Thanks be to you for your indescribable gift! In the name of the One called Christ, Amen.

Gift

2 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee March 10, 2009 at 6:45 AM  

I wish more people in our world would give a little bit more, instead of taking. And believing it their right to do so.
THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL PRAYER!
I'm putting this under my glass at work, to remind people to give more. Share more of themselves. Be it a smile, or a compliment.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. March 10, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

None can compare to the gift we have been given. We should all give with open hearts.
Great prayer.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP