And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Habit

Father, let me take thought of how to spur others on to love and good works, not abandoning my own meetings, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging others, and even more so because I see the day drawing near. In the past I was prone to do one act of disobediance after another, and one deceitful thing after another. I refused to pay attention to you. But you are willing to forgive, so that you might be honored. Do not allow me to become one who is slack in my work. Teach me to rejoice in sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint, because your love has been poured out in my heart through the Holy Spirit who was given to me. In Jesus name, Amen.

Habit

5 comments:

Veronica Lee March 11, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

Amen again, Brother Chris.

Cinder Rail'lee March 11, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

Again AMEN! I needed this more today, then ever.
We were just informed at work yesterday (Aerospace) layoffs are imminent.
At first I panicked, then prayed.
Old habits do die hard. Panic, first was always my habit. Think next. I PRAYED, and peaceful thoughts came into my mind. He has something MUCH better in store for me! and that I KNOW FIRST HAND. Because I have FAITH!

Anonymous,  March 11, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

Amen amen!!!!!! come on with that! There is so much being forgotten in this world and I am so glad and thankful that you keep this blog going because God is using it to touch people's lives!!!!!!! WOO~! God Bless~

Omah's Helping Hands March 13, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

Thank you Chris! This was a greatly needed prayer. God's timing is always perfect. Suffering does bring about greatness. God Bless!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP