And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Idealism

Father, as your elect, holy and dearly loved, I will strive to clothe myself with a heart of mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, bearing with others and forgiving others, if I happen to have a complaint against anyone else. Just as the you have forgiven me, so I also forgive others. And to all these virtues I will add love, which is the perfect bond. Remind me not to be conformed to this present world, but to be transformed by the renewing of my mind, so that I may test and approve what is your will – what is good and well-pleasing and perfect. Not that I have already attained this – that is, I have not already been perfected – but I strive to lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus also laid hold of me. It is in his name that I pray, Amen.

Idealism

4 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. March 12, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Why is it we find it so hard to forgive but always want to be forgiven?

Cinder Rail'lee March 13, 2009 at 5:58 AM  

It's so hard to forgive at times. And here I stand wanting forgiveness. Sometimes my heart betrays what I really feel. More so when I see someone who relishes in others misery. I struggle with this daily at work. And I always get the same response.. who am I, not to forgive?

Omah's Helping Hands March 13, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

To keep a kind tongue is such a hard feat at times. Forgiveness is key. Great prayer!

David Edward March 14, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

great prayer today
i am heartily in agreement.
so glad I follow your blog.
in todays post, thrown may be better stated as throne.

God bless you

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP