And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Neglect

Father, I will listen to your instruction so that I may be wise, and not neglect it. I will try to do good and to share what I have, for you are pleased with such sacrifices. Keep me from laying aside the spiritual gift given to me. How will I escape if I ignore such a great salvation? Woe to me if I become like the experts in the law, the Pharisees, hypocrites! If I give a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, and yet I neglect what is more important in the law – justice, mercy, and faithfulness! I should do these things without neglecting the others. Even though they have the appearance of wisdom with their self-imposed worship and false humility achieved by an unsparing treatment of the body – a wisdom with no true value – they in reality result in fleshly indulgence. Remind me not to neglect hospitality, because through it some have entertained angels without knowing it. Keep me from abandoning my own meetings, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging others, and even more so because I see the day drawing near. Keep me from being a person who neglects discipline which ends up in poverty and shame, but one who accepts reproof. I find delight in your statutes; I will not forget your instructions. Thank you for not neglecting me O Lord. Amen.

Neglect

3 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee March 17, 2009 at 6:27 AM  

WOW, I needed this one today. Let me not neglect my faith, my Christian values, and not get angry over the injustice of it all in this mortal world.
THANK YOU CHRIS!!!

David Edward March 18, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

a blessing to hear this and to agree wholeheartedly.
Jeremiah 29:11

Omah's Helping Hands March 18, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Amen! This is such a great prayer Chris. Thank you for being a blessing in my life, for listening to Him and sharing with us. God Bless you!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP