And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Object

Father, you, willing to demonstrate your wrath and to make known your power, have endured with much patience the objects of wrath prepared for destruction. You are willing to make known the wealth of your glory on the objects of mercy that you have prepared beforehand for glory – even to me, whom you have called. Sometimes I feel I have become an object of disdain to this world; those who live in it taunt and insult me. Help me, O God, my deliverer! For the sake of your glorious reputation, rescue me! Forgive my sins for the sake of your reputation! In the name of the One who can forgive sins, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Object

3 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee March 18, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

ANother beautiful prayer Chris. I surely needed this. As I walked out of my HR office yesterday, my manager said to me (tell YOUR people) the ones she so despises, and doesn't hide very well. That we will be meeting at 2:00pm.
I turned, and said Sure thing. My people will gladly be there at 2.
I prayed then for her. And that was the hardest thing for me to do. She insults people because she has the power to do so.
She dislikes me, because I give EVERYONE, a chance. And here she insults me too. I know NOW I HAVE TO PRAY HARDER FOR HER!

Toia March 18, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Amen!! This what I neede to read. Thanks for the beautiful prayer!!

Omah's Helping Hands March 18, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Amen, I so needed this one. It's too easy to be affected by others sometimes. Thankfully He is always there to pick us up and put us back on the right road. Thank you Chris.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP