And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Want

Father, I want to do good, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but I do the very evil I do not want! Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer me doing it but sin that lives in me. On my own I am weighed on the balances and found to be lacking, but in you, my shepherd, I lack nothing. My Lord, if you go up the mountain and call for me, I will come and follow you. In the name of my Shepherd, my Saviour, my King I pray, Amen.

Want

6 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee March 1, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Amen! How many of us struggle with this? I know I try my hardest to do whats right, it come second nature. However there are times, when others meanness overwhelms me, and I want to strike back. Its then that I PRAY, and PRAY

Omah's Helping Hands March 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Amen and Hallelujah! I think we all needed this one.

Dixie March 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

Sometimes what WE want isn't what He wants for us... How do we know what it is that God wants for us? I like the advice that our priest has given our parish for Lent. Turn off all the electronic gadgets and distractions... listen to the silence and the serenity... and "Listen for the Lord"... I love those four words... I say them over and over again in my mind. blessings to you Chris. Dixie

Vina Puspita March 2, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

Amen.
Do our best & let God do the rest :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP