And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Anxiety

Father, hear my prayer for peace of mind. Remind me that anxiety in my heart weighs me down. Let encouragement from your word bring me joy and confidence. Thank you Father, for hearing my petitions throughout this day. Teach me to live in this moment, to not worry about the past or the future and to give attention to what you have given me today. Teach me to recognize your hand on my shoulder when my worries threaten to overwhelm me. Remind me not to worry about the things of this world and to focus on the things prepared for me in your house. Teach me to be patient and to not rehearse before hand what I will say. Let the Holy Spirit be my guide. Protect me from the worries and riches and pleasures of life so that I may reach a new level of maturity in Christ Jesus. It is in his matchless name I pray, Amen.

Anxiety

8 comments:

Veronica Lee April 23, 2009 at 6:17 AM  

Amen. Once again, another great prayer. Thanks, Brother Chris.

Cinder Rail'lee April 23, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

Chris, your wonderful, and I can't say it enough. It's something I've been dealing with the last few weeks. It's bad lately, and I believe God, gave you that to post today for me!

AMEN! GOD, I LOVE HIM.. and I can't say it often enough!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. April 23, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

Chris, when am I ever going to get this???? Always good reminders from you!

RCUBEs April 23, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Amen...Your prayers are truly inspiring. Glory to God! Thank you bro. Chris! Have a blessed Thursday.

Unknown April 23, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Thanks for your daily spiritual words.
Things aways run smoother when I put them in His hands. Sometimes it's hard because I like things my way....but His way is always best.

Omah's Helping Hands April 24, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Normally Chris, I try to stick to reading one post now, as I follow so many that I have a hard time getting to everyone. But today I was compelled to catch up with yours and I'm glad I did. This is an issue I've been dealing with for a long time. God is good! He knew I needed this. Thank you and God Bless. Hope you and your family have a beautiful blessed weekend.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks July 20, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

I say this daily :)
I printed it and have it posted in the frig.

Thank you!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP