And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Obsessive

Father, remind me that Christ has set me free. I will stand firm, then, and not be subject again to the obsession of my sin which is slavery. For I was not called to freedom as an opportunity to indulge my flesh, but through love to serve others. Now that I belong to Christ I have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. I will strive to live by the Spirit, behaving in accordance with the Spirit lest I become conceited, provoking others, being jealous of others. In the name of my Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for my sins to rescue me from this present evil age according to your will, to whom be glory forever and ever! Amen.

Obsessive

4 comments:

LisaShaw April 13, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

In the Name of Jesus! Amen! Amen!

Dixie April 13, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

It's easy to become one of those standing on a table banging a spoon against a pan... "it's a listen to me" event... not a "listen to the Lord". Sometimes I think it is hard for people to know where the line is crossed... I think you find it when you look around and see that everyone is behind you following, rather than beside you walking with you.

"Behaving in accordance with the Spirit"... good words to live with.

Blessings. Dixie

Toia April 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

"I strive to live by the Spirit" is what I strive and long for everyday. Amen to this prayer.

Blessings to you!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP