And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Word

Father, I pray that you would prompt the Holy Spirit to do my talking for me and that the Spirit in turn would prompt me when I can be of your service in the world. Help me to control and do away with the kind of sin in me that can leave my body by way of my words, to not boast except about your glory, to not say anything bad about anyone, to keep my language clean & pure, to not speak recklessly. Help me only speak what I am sure of, so that my words will build trust and will be wisdom to those in need, to remind those around me of the power of your words, be my voice when those people need me. Remind me that I am quick to speak especially when I am emotional. Help me to not miss opportunity to give you glory, and to proclaim that Jesus is king. Help me to keep quite if I understand, to thank others for truthful correction and not to use flattery for personal gain. Help me keep my voice gentle. Remind me that my words have the power to destroy life and the power to build life. Amen.

Word

4 comments:

RCUBEs April 21, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

Prayed this with you. Amen. God bless.

Cinder Rail'lee April 21, 2009 at 6:43 AM  

WONDERFUL prayer today Chris!
THANK YOU!

God Bless,

Tami

Omah's Helping Hands April 24, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

Amen! Wow, it's as though the prayers I've read today were written for me. I needed these so badly. You are a blessing Chris. Thank you!
Would you mind if I made a copy of the first four here to use as a constant reminder?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP