And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Church

Father, I gather with my brothers and sisters to celebrate the grace and peace you offer. Remind me that I may not be able to tell who is a part of your body by mere sight alone. Please use the gift you have given me to strengthen your church. Remind me not to offend the people of your church, but to try to please everyone in all things. Help us to know that your body needs each and every one of its parts to function properly. Let my greeting of other Christians be holy. Let me learn from other's mistakes. Continue to provide me with the solid teaching that comes from your body of believers. May you place the prayers on me needed to rescue those who are persecuted for their service to you. Teach me to be a servant of my local church. Remind me to pray for those who stand against your church. Keep the purpose of tithe close to my heart. The church is your body, the fullness of him who fills all in all. Now to him who by the power is working within us is able to do far beyond all that we ask or think, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus, the saviour of the body, to all generations, forever and ever! Amen.

Church

5 comments:

Unknown May 18, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

Great post Chris. We are instruments of His Church by the example that we show daily.

RCUBEs,  May 18, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

Amen. Great prayer for the body of Christ. God bless.

Anonymous,  May 18, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Beautiful prayer and amen to it!! have a blessed week!!

Cinder Rail'lee May 18, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

AWESOME PRAYER TODAY Chris!

Amen!

Veronica Lee May 19, 2009 at 1:26 AM  

Amen! Sorry I haven't been visiting 'cos I caught the flu and have been in bed for the last couple of days.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP