And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Discipline

Father, forbid me from disposing of what I know to be true. Remind me of my need for your loving discipline. Strengthen me with the endurance that my suffering builds. Your discipline is for my sake and I do not blame, nor lack in understanding of why it is to be this way. I must learn. Wisdom is found in my realizing it is you who make me and not the other way around. Your knowledge is what I love. Lord, I let you in, and if not, use hammer and chisel to get to this old heart. For my heart belongs to you, and that, is not up to me. Amen.

Discipline

5 comments:

RCUBEs,  May 19, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Discipline hurts but it means we are loved by Him. Amen. God bless.

Unknown May 19, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Definitely an area that I need his mercy, wisdom and love.

Anonymous,  May 19, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Amen!! I have so much that I need discipline in and this is a great prayer! Thank you~!

Cinder Rail'lee May 19, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

AMEN! I need to realize this as well.

AWESOME

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP