And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fake

Father, remind me that your wrath is revealed from heaven against all of my ungodliness and unrighteousness if I suppress the truth by my unrighteousness, because what can be known about you is plain to me, because you have made it plain to me. For since the creation of the world your invisible attributes, eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, because they are understood through what has been made. So I am without excuse. For though I know you, if I do not glorify you as God or give you thanks, my thoughts become futile and my senseless heart darkened. Although I may claim to be wise, I will become like a fool and exchange the glory of your immortality for an image resembling mortal human beings or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles. Therefore Lord, protect me from the impure and dishonorable desires of my heart. Keep me from exchanging your truth for a lie and worshipping the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. 


6 comments:

Deare Diary May 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

Good thoughts/prayer. We can get sidetracked and worship others things instead of worshipping the ONE who created ALL.
Judy

Lisa May 21, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Create in my a pure heart oh God.
Great thought provoking post.

RCUBEs May 21, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

Amen.
Help us fix our eyes only on You, Lord.
God bless.

Cinder Rail'lee May 22, 2009 at 4:23 AM  

Awesome reminder! THANK YOU Chris!

Amen.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP