And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Impression

Father, remind me to come to others without superior eloquence or wisdom as I proclaim your testimony. Keep me from being concerned about anything except Jesus Christ, and him crucified. Do not let my weakness and fear hinder your work. Let my conversation and my preaching be not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that those that hear my words have faith not based on human wisdom but on the power of God.

1 Corinthians 2

14 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee May 24, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

Amen Chris! beautiful, and powerful.
I think I need to follow this MORE.

Deare Diary May 24, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Amen. God bless you dear brother for what you share each day.
Judy

RCUBEs May 24, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Amen. The glory is Yours, now and forever! Have a great Memorial bro. Chris. Thank you for sharing your prayers. God bless.

Unknown May 24, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Thank you, Chris.
May all his blessings be yours on this glorious day of rest.

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Amen, and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

PS..I am adding your link to my blog. I will definitely be following your beautiful blog. :)

Grace May 24, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

Hi Chris, it is so nice to be back here in your blog.
This prayer, it feels like these are my own words... what I mean is, sometimes, I am so busy with so many things that it hinders my most important work here in the world.
Have a blessed Sunday. :)

Mark May 25, 2009 at 4:39 AM  

Chris, thanks for stopping by my blog. I pray this prayer every week before I preach! Bless you, friend.

Dixie May 26, 2009 at 6:43 AM  

Chris... I haven't left a comment in a while... but I do stop by to read and pray...

This prayer... my most recent favorite. Good words... good truth... You can always tell if the words come from the head or from the heart.

God Bless... Dixie

Buckeroomama May 28, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

This is such a beautiful prayer.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP