And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kingdom

Father, I can pray this because your divine power has bestowed on me everything necessary for life and godliness through the rich knowledge of the one who called me by his own glory and excellence. Through these things you have bestowed on me your precious and most magnificent promises, so that by means of what was promised I may become a partaker of the divine nature, after escaping the worldly corruption that is produced by evil desire. For this very reason, I will make every effort to add to my faith excellence, to excellence, knowledge; to knowledge, self-control; to self-control, perseverance; to perseverance, godliness; to godliness, brotherly affection; to brotherly affection, unselfish love. For if these things are really mine and are continually increasing, they will keep me from becoming ineffective and unproductive in my pursuit of knowing my Lord Jesus Christ more intimately. Protect me from becoming one who lacks such things; from becoming nearsighted, forgetting about the cleansing of my past sins. Therefore, I will make every effort to be sure of my calling and election. For by doing this I will never stumble into sin. For thus an entrance into the eternal kingdom of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be richly provided for me. Allow me to grow in the grace and knowledge of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the honor both now and on that eternal day. Amen.

Kingdom

4 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee May 3, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Awww Chris, this is wonderful and I needed this today!

Thank you

RCUBEs May 3, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

What a glorious inheritance we have in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ! Amen...Glory to God! God bless.

Billy Coffey May 3, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

This will be my prayer for today. It's perfect for what I'm feeling.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP