And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Marriage

Father, remind us that, no worldly thing or human relationship is more important than that of our marriage. Let nothing come between us. Let us be bound to each other on this earth as we are bound to Christ in heaven. Teach us to lift our relationship to a place of honor; to treat it as the precious gift you designed it to be, and to, with grace, mercy and humility, acknowledge each other’s great worth, not only to each other, but to the body of Christ as well. Father, make us aware of each others needs and help us to fulfill those needs by giving ourselves freely to each other without condition. Teach us to acknowledge and accept our unique roles within our relationship. We know it will not be easy, but we pray that our hearts will be filled with love and respect for each other and that evidence of this will be heard in our voice and seen in our actions. Amen.

Marriage

14 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee May 5, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

LOL, Chris you always have the right prayer for my day!
As hunny hubby and I argued over something I wanted, I decided I'd honor him, and NOT do it. We have the most beautiful relationship. He's my best friend, my husband, my rock, my confidant, my love, my heart and my soul.I just love to get under his skin though!
I think I'll be in a TON of trouble when I die and have to talk with God. I can see it now...

GOD: Tami...why'd you tease your husband to the brink of insanity?

Tami: I dunno.. I loved to tease him.

GOD: *slaps his forehead. What am I going to do with you?!

Tami: Let me in? I'd like to stay if at all possible. *GRIN
Cuz I LOVE YOU!

GOD: No teasing here OK?!

Tami: hangs head..and grins.. K. I won't. *has fingers crossed.

I know God has a sense of humor. I just don't know if mine will be OK with him.

I truly LOVE HIM. And will Honor my husband. because of GOD. *smiles

Veronica Lee May 5, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

Amen. Every night I thank God for my wonderful hubby of 17 years.

Anonymous,  May 5, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

I think my favorite aspect of being married to such a wonderful, God revering wife, is that each day I feel we grow more selfless, and Christ was the most selfless...

So much so, He was self-sacrificed.

Thank Christ for being the example, thank God for His binding words and truth!

In His Name,
Amen

Luanne May 5, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Amen. I loved this one...thank you.

RCUBEs May 5, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

With so many divorces happening, the enemy is truly active in seeking, killing and destroying.
I know he was scared when he saw you posting this prayer.
And I thank you for reminding me not to cease on praying about my marriage. Been with my great hubby for almost 18 yrs. now.
Amen to your prayer and God bless.

Anonymous,  May 5, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

@RCUBEs,
Congrats, faithful sister!

RCUBEs May 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

To Socrates1,
Thanks but I'll give it right back to the One Who is always faithful! And I learn so much from His faithfulness. God bless.

LisaShaw May 5, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

As one who takes Marriage and PRAYER very seriously I appreciate this prayer. God bless you.

jel May 5, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

your prayers are so well said,

I'm in awe, with people who can write as you do,

2or 3 lines is about it for me!

Saii May 5, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

hi!
I'm not married YET
but I loved this prayer...

thx for sharing
:)

The Muse May 5, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

A truly inspired work...thank you ever so much!

~hon~ May 6, 2009 at 3:18 AM  

Hi Chris! I LOVE this prayer. I've read it quickly this morning as I was heading out the house to go to work. Hope you don't mind if I put a link to this in my blog.

And you know what? I LOVE the word marriage. Such a beautiful word. I consider myself married because I know I'll be faithful to Cody for the rest of my life. Very soon we'll get the legalities going. Yay! Marriage can be summed up in 2 words - LOVE and COMMITMENT.

GOD BLESS YOUR MARRIAGE ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

Regards to your wife. Hope she updates her blog soon. I'm excited to read her next post.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP