And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Obedience

My Lord Jesus, I come before you as your servant. You humbled yourself, by becoming obedient to the point of death – even death on a cross! Remind me to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work. I know that if I present myself as an obedient slave, I am slave of the one I obey, either of sin resulting in death, or obedience resulting in righteousness. As your servant, Samuel said, “Does the Lord take pleasure in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as he does in obedience? Certainly, obedience is better than sacrifice; paying attention is better than the fat of rams. Like an obedient child, I will not comply with the evil urges I used to follow in my ignorance, but, like the Holy One who called me, become holy myself in all of my conduct, for it is written, “I shall be holy, because You are holy.” For just as through the disobedience of the one man, I was made a sinner, so also through the obedience of One man I am made righteous. It is in the name of that One man that I pray, Amen.

Obedience

3 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. May 8, 2009 at 6:16 AM  

I will walk with these words today. Thanks Chris.

Omah's Helping Hands May 8, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

Amen! Great prayer to start the day!!!

RCUBEs May 8, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Amen. I will carry this powerful post as I go to work tonight. I'll try to please no one but the Lord, as if I'm working for Him and not my earthly masters. May God give me the strength to remain obedient in all of my ways.
Have a great weekend.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP