And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Quick

Father, remind me to be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger. For my anger does not accomplish your righteousness. I will strive to put away all filth and evil excess and humbly welcome the message implanted within me, which is able to save my soul. I will be sure I live out the message and not merely listen to it and so deceive myself. For if I merely listen to the message and do not live it out, I am like someone who gazes at his own face in a mirror and then goes out and immediately forgets what sort of person he was. But if I peer into the perfect law of liberty and fix my attention there, and do not become a forgetful listener but live it out – I will be blessed in what I do. Teach me that if I think I am religious yet I do not bridle my tongue, and so deceive my heart, my religion is futile. Pure and undefiled religion before you O God the Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their misfortune and to keep oneself unstained by the world. Praise and glory, and wisdom and thanksgiving, and honor and power and strength be to my God for ever and ever. Amen!

Quick

5 comments:

Unknown May 9, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

I needed this one Chris. Thank you and God bless.

RCUBEs May 9, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Amen. A great reminder for me when I'm on the road :) Have a great weekend.

Unknown May 9, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

This was such a wonderful thing to read today! Hope you have a nice mothers day tomorrow with your Mom and with your wife!

Buckeroomama May 9, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Something to keep in mind and to practice. Thanks for the reminder. Have a wonderful Mother's Day with all the "moms" in your life.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP