And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Prayer

Father, teach me to be devoted to prayer by mindful focus on giving thanks to you. Remind me that what looks right to me may not be right at all. Let your character be glorified by my petitions. Remind me that it is I that stretches the bonds of our relationship, but you have not changed nor pulled away from me in the slightest. Through your word I have my perfect answer to all of life's questions. Teach me to rejoice in hope, endure in suffering and persist in prayer. Lord, I come before you to ask for your perfect justice in my life. For it is to you that we all one day must come. All praise and honor to you, the God most high, who has listened and heard my sincere prayer lifted to your thrown in the name of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Prayer

9 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee May 7, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

AMEN! Awesome prayer Chris!

Omah's Helping Hands May 7, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

Amen! I so needed this one this morning Chris. God Bless you. You are an awesome brother in Christ!

RCUBEs May 7, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

"Remind me that it is I that stretches the bonds of our relationship, but you have not changed nor pulled away from me in the slightest."
That's a beautiful description that God doesn't change.
Amen. and thank you [again] for a wonderful prayer for today. God bless.

Unknown May 7, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

You know how to open my heart to the Lord.

Great post.

LisaShaw May 7, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Praise the LORD Chris!

The Muse May 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

..."what looks right to me"...
yes, our perspective is often one sided and tainted.

Thank you Chris

Toia May 7, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Amen and Hallelujah!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP