And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Obsolete

Father, thank you for such a high priest who sits down at the right hand of your throne in heaven, a minister in the sanctuary and the true tabernacle that you, not man, set up. Remind me that the earthly tabernacle is a sketch and shadow of the heavenly sanctuary. But now Jesus has obtained a superior ministry, since the covenant that he mediates is also better and is enacted on better promises. Remind me that if the first covenant had been faultless, I would not have looked for a new one. This new covenant made the first obsolete. I bow before you, the God of peace, who by the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep, my Lord Jesus Christ. I ask that you equip me with every good thing to do your will, working in me what is pleasing before you through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever. Amen.


7 comments:

Melissa B. May 31, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

Amen, sister! PS: Please don't forget to join our Sunday Funnies with a visit to Sx3 today!

Toia May 31, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

"I ask that you equip me with every good thing to do your will, working in me what is pleasing before you through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever".....This is my prayer, too.

I pray that God will give me the tools I need to embark on this journey to my destiny He has for me, so that He can get all the glory and praises.

Thanks for this prayer. It couldn't have come at a better time.

Omah's Helping Hands May 31, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Amen and Hallelujah!Have a wonderful, peaceful, blessed Sunday Chris and family.

KBeau May 31, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Amen. Have a great Sunday, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Dixie May 31, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

Chris.. glad you got by French Lique and got to revisit Lahoma today... I do love that story... even if I am the one that wrote it...LOL The story of Lahoma, I believe, is a blessing to all that read it... it gives hope... we need hope right now...

just as each prayer that you offer gives hope and faith... joy... belief that there is something better for us... those that choose to believe in the Savior.

God Bless you Chris... take care..

your friend in Christ... Dixie

Denise June 1, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

Such a powerful prayer.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP